November 28, 2022



Carol's Dragon Fly Ranch

Home of Carol's Pond


I meet with the neurologist December12. While I am very happy that I do not have Parkinson's, at least there I knew what was coming so to speak. With a traumatic brain injury I do not know the future and that makes me a little nervous. But I have lived with it for 58 years so what the heck.


But speaking of medical issues, after Thanksgiving, my health went to hell. I did not want to go to the doctor or ER. But finally today I had too. As it turns out I have both Covid and the Flu. So I am in quarantine. Except for the worst sore throat I have ever had, I don't feel bad, just very tired. But to add insult to injury, I was very tired Sunday evening and I went to bed about 7. Around 11 my body says it wants to pee. Getting in and out of bed, especially out, is often very difficult and painful. It is especially painful when you land in the floor. But now the embarrassment comes in. I am sure you have all seen the commercial where the little old lady calls out “Help, I've fallen and I can't get up!!!”

I understand exactly what she was feeling. Because I could not get up off the floor. Thankfully my phone was with my reach. The medics were able to get me up with out causing any pain and that was great. I am afraid it may be time for a live in caregiver. I will check with the home health care folks and see what is available. I would prefer a stout college coed. A guy would be acceptable but I would prefer a woman.



Later

Rex




Comments

  1. Downward dog works really well when you fall. I did that a few years ago when i broke my leg and fell. Only way I could get up. I have a feeling it might not be able to do it. Keep it in mind in case you can. Hope you find someone to stay with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Covid will completely sap your energy, so I'm not surprised you are feeling terrible. Even when it was gone, I was exhausted just walking 20 feet to the kitchen. I'm glad parkinson's is not the problem and hope the neurologist can help you out. Getting a caretaker is a really good idea, even if it's just a couple days a week. Keep your phone close by.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog