Carol's Dragon Fly Ranch

Home of Carol's Pond

October 20,2023


Tomorrow is the beginning of a new Era at Carol’s Pond. I will deliver the last Windows 7 computer I have. I have now converted all of my remaining computers to Linux Mint.


Linux started out as Unix and I had training on it in the early Eighties. Back then, it was very primitive. Basically a POS. But it has grown up so to speak. It is now a menu driven system and beats Windows hands down. There are a host of Linux Distros as they are called. Mint is the flagship followed closely by Ubuntu. For minimal systems like an old Apple Macbook I have, I have Linux MX on it and while not full featured like Mint and Ubuntu, it gives new life to old PCs.


I saw some new wildlife this past week and it died suddenly and severely. As I was going around behind my GMC, I noticed a large spider. By large, its leg span was about like a half dollar and possible a silver dollar. It was the first tarantula I had seen here in Texas. I saw 2 when I lived in Missouri and they were black. This one was a dark brown.


It has also been a rather expensive month. Yesterday I had to have an emergency root canal. Thankfully, no pain at all. That is wonderful.


Everything is still nice and green here, but I have turned the heat on and that sucks. But it only comes on at night.


Later, Rex


Comments

  1. All of that computer talk is over my head. Glad you are doing well. Later. Lettie

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're a genius! I could never figure out all that computer stuff. It's weird how several of those spiders at my place had the same experience. Ouch on the root canal ... hope all is good now.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog