April 7, 2024


Carol's Dragon Fly Ranch

Carol's Pond


It has been a busy time here and a sad time. Yesterday, I attended a Celebration of Life for Janis Liles. Her husband Bob and I have been friends since Kindergarten at Central Grade School. Janis was a nice person. I will miss her. The Celebration was in Austin, TX. Austin is a little over 300 miles from Carol's Pond. I left early yesterday morning and came home that same day? Why? Because of the eclipse, Holiday Inn wanted $289 for one night. Insane. I wouldn't pay that for the whole building. The media has created an eclipse frenzy. I have seen one and it is no big deal. But what concerns me is the manipulation of the people and the government by the media. It makes me nervous.


The trip to Austin took longer than I thought. I ignored the GPS which wanted me to go through Dallas. I won't drive in Dallas or Houston without a navigator with me. Now I can add Austin to that list which also includes Boston. New York and Chicago are easy to get through and around in. St. Louis is also easy. But by taking the back roads I saw a lot of pretty country. In one area there were a lot of Texas Blue Bell flowers. And next to them some orange ones of some kind. But they were both very pretty.


A young man made a mess in my kitchen this week. He ripped out the damaged drywall in the ceiling and fixed it. It looks great. So now the clean up is up to me. It is mostly dust. He papered the floor and hung plastic sheeting down the walls. But there is still dust. I will have the house cleaned and send the bill for the repair and cleaning to the heating contractor. I suspect we will end up in court.


They said that the eclipse would bring rain and they were right. So far over 3 inches here at Carol's Pond. I like rain but a break in it would be nice. I talk with Mother Nature frequently. I don't think she listens to me at all. I have often threatened her with a full moon if she doesn't do what I want. I don't think she cares.



Later,

Rex


Comments

  1. I love that. Several years ago we flew our plane to Texas. A friend needed to go and Curtis needed time in plane. I think we were by a lake called Beaver Dam
    It was close to Austin. We got directions and headed out. Made a wrong turn and ended up where we started. Never got ti Austin. Been raining here in Oklahoma today. Glad you are doing okay

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to totally agree about the media. Most of those $300 rooms were booked a year ago. I just stayed home, so as to miss those big cities since I am my only navigator, like you. I never seem to be able to see the highway signs when I need them. Glad you made it in one piece. As for the dust ... I've found a small hand held vacuum works great for me. It's good to hear from you ... keep em coming!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog