February 1, 2022


Carol's Dragon Fly Ranch

Home of Carol's Pond


The last week of January is my anniversary week. Some of them are enjoyable anniversaries and some suck really bad. That may be gross but it is the only way to say it.


But before we get to the description of the anniversaries, there is some other news. Last week I looked in the back yard and there were hundreds of Purple Grackles or common blackbirds. I assume there are working their way north in anticipation of spring. I hope they are right. And there were some ducks that stopped in today. There were only 5 or 6. Something startled them and off they went. I seldom see ducks. Lake Bob Sandlin is on the west side of Mt. Pleasant and I suspect most stop there rather than on a small pond.


Also last week, I had an MRI of my head and received some excellent news. The scan did NOT indicate Lewy-Body Dementia. LB is a very aggressive type of dementia. I will have 2 more scans to try and determine what is going on in my head. Do we want to know?


Now to the anniversaries;


My niece, Erika starts the week with her birthday on January 24.

I was Honorably Discharged from the USAF on January 25, 1972, 50 years ago.

I entered the USAF on January 26, 1968, 54 years ago.

I was divorced on January 27, 1978, 44 years ago.

My cousin, Sheila Jane Bailey Reynolds passed on January 29, 2021, 1 year ago.

My Mother passed away on January 30, 1994, 28 years ago.

My sister Betty passed on January 31, 1960, 62 years ago

Carol's Mother, Eunice Hodgdon passed on February 1, 1996, 26 years ago.


That is enough for one week and a day.


Later,

Rex





Comments

  1. That's a lot of anniversaries for one month!! Glad you don't have that visitor in your head. Hoping your next tests turn out even better. I'm voting for spring, but I hear Texas is going to have one big snowy storm before that happens.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The storm is here. I have fiends in Princeton, close to Dallas and they have lost power. I still have power, but the freezing rain has started.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You do have alot of anniversary memories. It is in 30s and snowing today. Dec was so mild and then it has been dumping on us. We are only supposed to get a couple of inches but I think they blew it. I was hoping Saturday was going to be nice but we may have slick roads. Just yuck

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think your news is great. Keep getting more good news from those doctors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will try. They are going to do another type of MRI but they have not called to schedule it yet.

      Delete
  5. I will be thinking good thoughts for you

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog