Carol's Dragon Fly Ranch

Home of Carol's Pond


February 4, 2024


Several happenings since the last post, a mini reunion, a delivery and a record number of falls. It has been interesting.


About the mini reunion, Mark Beasey, a long time friend, since 7th grade visited for several days and was here for the delivery of Scout. Sorry Mark, Trigger and Blue Boy just didn't seem right. Blue Boy was close but Scout won out. Who is Scout, you ask. Scout is my new power chair. A power chair is controlled by a joy stick while a scooter is controlled by handlebars like the ones at a store. My friend Freda was also here for the delivery and maiden voyage where I promptly ran it through the drywall. Someone asked me if they had drivers education for power chairs, sadly they don't, but I need it. Or did.


While Mark was here we took Scout out on the deck. This house is totally handicap accessible and that is great. I can not fit through the door into the guest bathroom or the laundry room. The clown that thinks 24 inch wide doors are sufficient is a complete idiot. The previous owner had modified several doors for his wife's power chair. I am going to do some more modifications in the kitchen. There is a large pantry that has double doors and I am going to take the doors off and store them in the attic.

The pantry doors are in the way when opened.


This was a week of falls. Five in fact. But thankfully no injuries and no need to call the ambulance. In all five I landed on the bed. When I first get out of bed is when I am subject to crash back on the bed. I usually sit on the bed for several minutes before standing. For some reason that didn't work this week. My prostate has been behaving which is great news.


Later,

Rex


Comments

  1. Playing trampoline I see? Sitting before standing does sound like a good idea. Take it slow ... get your bearings and hack that laundry door until it's wide enough to get through!! Glad to hear you are hanging in there with gusto!

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least they were soft landings, not like some I had in the USAF. The previous owner did widen 2 doors which is very convenient. I put my laundry basket on a 4 wheel dolly and just pull it along, kind of the way you do Cooper!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog