Carol's Dragon Fly Ranch home of Carol's Pond


December 1, 2020


There are several items to discuss from Carol's Pond, the main one is Sam Rodgers failure to control his livestock. I walked in the atrium today and Samantha was up near the ceiling. I pushed her down with a broom and she ran under the stereo cabinet and refused to come out. So I waited about 20 minutes and saw her on a box. I got after her with the broom again and she tried to hide in the box. That was perfect. Out the door she went and is now under the deck where she belongs. I think she wants to set up permanent residence in the atrium and that will not be permitted.


Also since the last update a flock of ducks stopped in for a few hours. I think they were mallards, but I could not see them well enough to be sure. They were on the far side of Carol's Pond and even with binoculars I could not determine the species. We seldom get ducks here and there are no Canada geese either. A few ducks stop in during migration but that is all. I think I am too far west of the Mississippi fly way and it is too warm here most of the time for the geese. The turtles take advantage of the sun whenever possible. I did not see any on the log today, but there were 3 on it yesterday. Whitey is here frequently and a couple of weeks ago, he had 2 friends with him That is the first time I had seen 3 here at one time.


Saturday the 28, I looked out and there were several hundred starlings in the back yard. Those I chased off.


I have a live trap set for the armadillo. It is trying its best to dig up my back yard. That is not acceptable.


Speaking of acceptable this cold weather is not acceptable either. It is to be down to 22 tonight and that is just wrong. It is Leslie Coomer's and Janet Griggs Ramsey's job to keep that cold air up north. Robert Cline should give them a hand. These 3 are in charge of cold weather and it is Jerry Mundell's job to supply the rain.


Because of my spinal fractures that can never heal, it is extremely painful trying to get out of bed. Once I am sitting up I am okay but getting to that position is tough. So today I stopped by the community college and introduced myself along with an offer of free room and board for a student to assist me in the mornings. I don't really want someone around all the time but I am afraid it is going to become necessary and that sucks.


The 29th was the 54th anniversary of Carol's passing. That is still difficult to accept and comprehend.


Later,

Rex




 

Comments

  1. Love reading this. I am glad you are thinking about someone being there. I had been thinking you need someone. You take care of yourself

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you found someone from the college to help a bit?
    I wish I was closer.
    What are you doing Christmas Day? We are going to eat outside again! Hope its not a blizzard and 20 below.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog