June 7th and 8th 2021


The 7th was a travel day and nothing exciting happened. I did see a lot of antelope. I went to Evanston, WY to have my Bison Burger and steak fries and the jerks have discontinued it. That just isn't right. So I left Evanston and went to Twin Falls, Idaho and spent the night.


This morning I headed to Boise to run a couple of errands and to have lunch with John Lightner. John and I worked together when we were in the USAF.


I got all of my errands done and John and I had a great visit. Tonight I met with Rosemary Zimbleman and we had a nice visit. She drove around and showed me some of the new sites in Boise. Namely Julia Davis Park and Ann Morrison Park and Albertson's Park. The Albertson's Park is new since I lived here. The growth that had come to this area is amazing. The estimated population in 2020 was 240,000. When I lived here it was 75,000. That is amazing.


This afternoon, I figured out how to get the pictures into the blog and I will post them in the next day or two. Tomorrow I head for Reno, NV to see Lake Tahoe and from there to Carson City. I would like to tour the old U.S. Mint in Carson City if they have it open for tours.


Comments

  1. How DARE they not make that Bison Burger!!! I know just how you feel, especially when you are looking forward to some really tasty food. I had no idea you lived in Boise. My nephew lives there. Such a beautiful place, especially those parks and the River Walk. I'm pretty sure half of California moved up there!! Enjoy Lake Tahoe ... it's certainly one of the most beautiful spots on earth!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog