Trip pictures to date

 

June 9, 2021 Pictures of the trip to date.


Gunsmoke St. in Dodge City, Kansas



Oil burning Baldwin Locomotive steam engine in Dodge City, KS. It was built in 1903.




Info about the train





I estimate the drive wheels were 5 feet in diameter


A bar I passed and had to stop and check it out. The brands on the paneling are authentic. The current owners inherited the name from the original owner and they liked it so they kept it.




A side view



Tonight I am in Winnemucca, NV It is a no tell motel complete with a hooker at the front door. From her looks, she might swing either way. Get me out of here!!!!


Tomorrow I will head on west. I want to visit Lake Tahoe, Virginia City and Carson City. Carson City was home to a US Mint with CC as the mint mark. Coins with that mark are quite valuable. If it is open, I will take the tour.


For some reason the pictures did not come through to the Blog.  I will research it and try again



Comments

  1. As a kid going through that area looking for cattle to buy, Winnemucca was always on the route and we stayed there often. Yes it does have, or at least HAD, a reputation!!! Sorry you're having so much trouble with the pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds like an amazing trip. Keep enjoying it and us posted

      Delete
  2. Very good reads. I can't see the photos. Might be something I'm not doing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have not been successful in getting the photos to load. i am researching why.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog