Carol's Dragon Fly Ranch

home of Carol's Pond



April 10, 2022


We had a rip roaring thunderstorm about 10 days ago. There was very heavy rain, but Goat Island is still Goat Peninsula. I think Mother Nature is mad at me for mooning her on New Years Eve. If she doesn't bring us sufficient rain soon, I may moon her again. The drought has killed several of the trees, 7 trees may have to be removed. I am going to give them a couple of more weeks to see if they leaf out but if they don't, I will have them removed.


There were some travelers that stayed on the pond for a couple of weeks, resting up before continuing on their migration. I don't know what type of ducks they were. They would dive down to feed and come up some other place. I would like to see them stick around all year. Samantha, Sam, Sam Jr. and Bill provided the entertainment this morning. Samantha was at the west end of the deck, bobbing up and down trying to attract Sam. Sam was at the east end of the deck and was not paying any attention to her.. Sam Jr, was about half way between his parents, taking turns looking at them, embarrassed by their actions out in public. All of a sudden, Bill shows up. Sam was not happy. Sam chased Bill off the deck. I may have to have a talk with all of them and have them settle their differences peacefully.


The daffodils are all done blooming. The shrubs are blooming and I am not sure if they are spirea or forsythia. They have tiny white blooms in a cluster. The roses are also blooming. The tulip trees are about done, but the aroma of them is fantastic.



Some great news on the medical front. Rather than Parkinson's Disease, a neurologist in Tyler, TX decided I had Lewy-Body Dementia. LB is a very aggressive type of dementia. But the VA sent me to Shreveport, LA for scans of my brain, that probably scared the technician to death. But the scans came back with great news, I DO NOT have Lewy-Body. They are sending me to a doctor that specializes in movement disorders. So we shall see. I can still walk, but if I am walking very far, I do use a cane. I get a little weaker everyday. I keep a knife, scissors and a pair of pliers on the kitchen counter. Packaging can be extremely frustrating. For some reason the left side of my brain does not produce sufficient dopamine, the chemical the brain uses to communicate with the body. Sinemet the drug normally used to increase dopamine did not work on me. Why? Who knows? The Shadow knows.


Later

Rex




Comments

  1. It must be frustrating not know what the heck is going on. The Shadow needs to speak up!! Sorry to hear the trees may not survive. Some times, okay most times, I think my plants are dead, but they seem to come back with the next rain. Hopefully you get a little more water soon. Tell Sam he needs to up his game!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had lunch today with Samantha and her baby. I think its a boy but I am not sure. Sam was not around.

      Delete
  2. We just got back to Colorado on Thursday evening. We had plenty of raining Oklahoma. Would have gladly shared with you. I have a little red fox in Oklahoma. Saw him a couple of times. Once he watched me for several minutes. Walked out to shop one day when Curtis and a friend were out loading up a car that he was buying from Curtis. Had Chloe with me and there was a baby snake I was about to step on. First time I have had that happen. Yelled at Curtis to come and get rid of it. Don't like snakes but you get them when you live in country. You keep taking care of yourself

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog