Carol's Dragon Fly Ranch

Home of Carol's Pond


July 27, 2022


It has been a busy couple of weeks since the 18 of the month. On Monday, the 18, I woke up at 6 and felt fine. At 7:30 things went to hell. I was very nauseous and had the trots. Finally about 2, I called the ambulance. They took me to Titus Regional Medical Center and on Tuesday they ripped out my appendix which had ruptured. I am still fighting the infection.


Karen Vanderveer, a long time friend from my days of running around Butler University came and picked me up and brought me home. Gene Voorhies came up and babysat me for 3 days until I was able to function on my own. I owe both Karen and Gene many thanks.


But thankfully I am on the mend. I am very sore and my abdomen is multicolored. Tomorrow the staples will be removed. I don't want any more staples. This was surgery number 15 in my life and that is enough.


Gene and I watched Whitey try and catch lunch. I did see Samantha Jane's daughter at the hospital today. I think she is too young to be out running around.


Later, it is nap time.


Rex





Comments

  1. What the heck??? Just what you needed ... another surgery. I'm glad things went okay and you are on the mend. Take care and don't over do it!!! Hope to hear from you again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exactly what your friend said. You take care of yourself. We love reading your stories.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog