October 27, 2022


Carol's Dragon Fly Ranch

Home of Carol's Pond


Winter is coming and that is disgusting. I hate cold weather. One way I know old man Winter, alias jerkface, is just around the corner is that a Darter showed up on the pond last week. A darter is a type of cormorant and like a cormorant they can not fly when they are wet. They have to get out of the water and dry off. But so far I have only seen the one. As I write this there are 3 turtles on the log and one trying to get on.


My other neighbors, Sam, Sam Jr., Samantha Jane and Baby Jane have been absent. Best guess is they are looking or are in their winter homes. It was 40 yesterday morning and that is too cold for man or beast.


This past Monday on the 24th, I had some heart test in Tyler, Texas. The preliminary report is that it is time for a pacemaker. Well people in Hell want ice water and don't get it and I will not get a pacemaker. Why? Simple, since 1981, I have had 15 surgeries, 6 kidney procedures and 34 broken bones. I have been in constant pain since the wreck in 2002. I also have a very enlarged prostate that is not treatable. And on top of all that the Parkinson's Disease is going strong. I have trouble swallowing and have had to give up some foods as a result. Sometimes even chocolate is hard to swallow. So why should I get a pacemaker and prolong the agony? I just can't see doing it. Do I want to die? No, but now it is a 3 way race as to what will kill me. My money is on the prostate.


Because of the above, I am going to sell my house here at Carol's Pond. I don't want to, but it is time. I have not decided where I will go. It will either be assisted living or a condo someplace. It would be logical for me to move back to Lebanon, but that does not make my socks go up and down by themselves. Diana Pelland says I should come to Florida, but I am not impressed with Florida. I could move farther south in TX but the drive from Houston down to Harlingen is too ugly. Gene and Jane Voorhies live in Harlingen and it is a 11 to 12 hour trip from their place to here and 6 of those hours are in very ugly terrain. So I am up in the air.


Later,

Rex


Comments

  1. I think it is working. I absolutely love reading your stories. I left you a comment on on your phone. I was just remembering Prescott, Arizona is supposed to be perfect fir the weather.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mom got a pacemaker, but they forgot to tell her the downsides. She actually passed away because of it. I'm sending you good thoughts and prayers. I know you will find a good place to stay.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I received word today that the doctor said no to the pacemaker and that is wonderful.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog