January 25,2023

Carol's Pond


Well this is my anniversary week. My niece Erika was born on January 24,

I was honorably discharged from the USAF on January 25, 1972

I went on active duty on January 26, 1968

I was divorced on January 27, 1978

My Mother passed away on January 30, 1994 and

my sister Betty passed away on January 31, 1960.


And this morning I was discharged from Home Health Care per my request. I think there are probably others out there that need their assistance more than I do. I am kind of looking for a live in caregiver.


About 10 days ago, I had some red paver blocks removed. These were the type that resemble a stop sign with a handle. In their place I had a concrete slab poured. The blocks were sinking from erosion and were a fall hazard. The slab will make getting around in my wheel chair a lot easier. I am not in the chair yet, but I don't think it will be long. The way this house is set up, I can get out of the car in the drive, get in a chair and go around back of the house, up onto the deck, off the deck and in the back door or down the walk and into the shop. This entire house is handicap accessible which is great.


I also had my neighbor help me remove and install a new wall unit air conditioner in the shop. Now if I can seal the wasp our of it I should be in good shape.


Blue Boy has been here a couple of times. And when putting the new unit in the shop, Sam was out there supervising the operation. There are about a dozen black and white ducks that have been here for several weeks. They are diving ducks and will go under and come up someplace else. I do not know what type of duck. They are fast swimmers and leave a good wake behind them. There is also a family or two of Blue Jays in the back yard and a family of Mockingbirds in back as well.


Today I saw 2 hawks out along US 271. I do not know what specie, because one was flying and the other was perched way up in a tree. I suspect the cold weather has chased them south. And I have seen the Road Runner twice recently. I have named that street Road Runner Alley.


Later,

Rex


Comments

  1. I love reading your stories. Have you decided to not sell? I sure wish there was a perfect place. I absolutely loved Brazil when we were there but it isn't a real safe place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The was great forethought when you bought that house. I'm glad you will be able to get around pretty easily. Take care of those critters ... except for the wasps!! LOL

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog