Carol's Dragon Fly Ranch home of Carol's Pond

January 2, 2021


To get to the blog: carolspond.blogspot.com


And once again, I have some new 'roommates', compliments of Parkinson's. The goat, the poodle and the one claw lobster and the cat have moved out. Good riddance. But in their place I sometimes have a pig that goes scooting across the ceiling or sometimes a wolf. The wolf is crouched down like it is stalking something. What I find weird, is that the ones that move, move from north to south or left to right. When I still lived in St. Louis, I went to the Jefferson Barracks VA hospital. The Jefferson Barracks National Cemetery is also on that property. There are more than 188,000 graves at this site. While on the property, I have seen deer, a lot of ground hogs and one morning a coyote stalking his prey. I wanted to stop and watch but some jerk was right on my bumper. I should have locked up the brakes.


Since my last update, I had a Covid scare. I was exposed but tested negative. I did have strep throat but amoxicillin took care of that. So now I am back to just shaking right along. Parkinson's is one weird affliction.


There have been a few ducks stop in but they just stayed over night and took off. I wish they would stick around. And until this last week, the turtles were still taking advantage of the log. With the heavy rain and a drop in the temperature, I have not seen any for about a week now.


And today, there was a Deputy Sheriff going door to door or yard to yard looking for some cattle that got out. Hopefully they got out through the fence and were not rustled. There are plenty of big trees here that would make a great hanging tree, think Marty Robbins.


I watched a hawk land in a tree across the pond, but it was too far for me to identify. And speaking of birds, there is a water tower in town that the buzzards like to land on and rest. There are also pigeons and crows on that water tower. I would hate to have to go up on it. One day, there must have been 2 dozen buzzards on that tower.


I will still be leaving FB. I just can not support that communist any longer. I will be on MeWe which is a alternative to FB. The only reason I might stay on FB is to keep an eye on the enemy.




 

Comments

  1. Hmmm I agree parkinson's is weird, although I think animals on the ceiling might be better than the myriad of ghosts that kept me company last night, finally waking me up with their pushing and shoving. Happy to hear your covid test was negative, not adding to the situation. Cattle rustling is alive and well these days ... those big trees might come in handy!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These were what I would call Heinz 57 type steers. So probably only good for meat. Not for improving ones herd for sure. I have sufficient rope if my neighbors needs some!!

      Delete
  2. Just love reading your stories. So glad you didn't have the virus

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy your writing so much, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good read as always. Stay on FB to stay in touch with friends etc. Don't let the political leanings of FB bother you. Life in our case is to short to be annoyed by FB BS. All your FB Friends know your stance on the state of our Union.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have to keep reading all the posts on Facebook

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog