Carol's Dragon Fly Ranch home of Carol's Pond

January 21, 2021



I must be real difficult to live with because all of my pets have moved out!!! Good riddance. But all of the Parkinson's creatures are gone and that is great. But there are some new seasonal residents on Carol's Pond, Bufflehead ducks, I think. They are pretty and they cruise around like they are on patrol. There are about 18 to 24 of them and I think there are 2 mallard hens with them. I would like to see them stick around all year. Whitey, the Great White Egret stopped in for breakfast. I had not seen him for several weeks and I figured he had moved farther south. Some hawks have started showing up too.


January 11, I was supposed to have cataract surgery in Tyler, TX. Tyler is about 70 to 75 miles from me, so Lorna Bailey and I went to Tyler on Sunday night. It was snowing hard and people in southeast TX have no idea how to drive in it. Many of them insisted on driving in the left lane at 20 MPH with their emergency flashers on. Just outside of Tyler we saw a van that had run off the road and was on its side. It seems that the drivers just could not comprehend how to keep their tires from spinning 80 mph. Amazing, and they will breed.


Because of the extreme amount of snow, maybe 2 inches, 3 at the most, my surgery was canceled, so we came back to Mt. Pleasant. They called and rescheduled my surgery for the 12th at 0600 so we headed back to Tyler. But because of the storm, power was out at in a lot of areas and motels were full to overflowing. We had to get 2 suites. But the surgery went great and everything is fine. I can even drive without my glasses now and I can see to drive at night again and that is great.


But since the cold weather is here, the turtles and Sammy and Samantha are enjoying their big sleep. There is an armadillo around that I am sure wants to completely destroy my yard. It is not welcome and will be removed. A week or two ago, there were 6 or 7 robins in the back yard. I frequently see bluebirds, crows and mocking birds and cardinals. I do not feed them. There are also 3 young deer running around the neighborhood.




Comments

  1. I'm glad your "pets" have moved out!! You didn't need to feed them anyway!! Snow? You've got snow? Yes I'm familiar with those drivers who go fast. I think they keep their flashers on so you can find them on the side of the road when they crash!

    I'm glad your surgery went well. There's nothing like being able to see again. Sadly mine didn't last long and I was back in glasses. Still, it's better than before.

    That armadillo ... I have a great trap you can borrow. Sorry it smells a tad bit like skunk!! Who knew they could be so destructive?? I do like watching the back yard critters.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a trap, but a rabbit has been sharing the armadillo's home. The rabbit was sure happy to get out of that live trap!! The armadillo will not be lucky, he will not get out of it alive.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog