Day 2 of the Western Trip

 

June 4, 2021



Day 2 of the Western trip was uneventful and that is good. I saw 3 different types of hawks, but not well enough to identify them.


Tonight I am in Dodge City Kansas and tomorrow I will head north and west towards Billings, Montana. But that is too far for one day so I will spend the night in Cheyenne, WY.


I saw some road kill today I had never seen, a bobcat, on I-40 east of Woodward, OK. I also saw a pronghorn antelope that was not quick enough.


I stopped at an Indian Trading Post (read tourist trap) looking for Indian moccasins. They were made in the Dominican Republic. Guess who still needs new house slippers. But in talking with the lady, she has had a bobcat that is killing her chickens and ducks. She had a picture of it sitting in her driveway. It has been eating very well! It was fat. It was a very pretty animal and had stripes on the back of its front legs that reminded one of a tiger. It was a big bobcat but not that big.


Tonight I ate in the train station here in Dodge City. The next street north is Gunsmoke St. The motel I am in is on Wyatt Earp Blvd. Tomorrow I will check out the Long Branch Saloon before heading out.


There are more wind turbines in western OK than there are people. I saw some in KS too but not as many. And bathrooms are not allowed in western OK or KS until you hit Dodge City. But I did my part and watered the grass.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog