June 10th, 11th and 12th


June 10th, I was in Carson City, Nevada. It is a pretty town and kind of a gateway to Virginia City, Silver City and Lake Tahoe. I explored Virginia City via the truck. Sadly I did not see any of the Cartwrights. On the 11th I went back and walked most of the main street. It is a pure tourist trap. I bought 2 bars of Bonomo's Turkish taffy. When the clerk said that will be $7.98. I almost wet myself. I was so shocked I just paid it. But then I headed for a diner that had been highly recommended. That was a bad idea too. The chicken was acceptable, but the mashed potatoes were out of a box and not fit to eat. The slaw was not real good either. I left town, never to return. There is a train ride there that I considered going back for, because on the weekend they run a steam engine. I want to experience that.


June 12th is my late sister Gini's birthday. Happy 82nd Birthday!!!!


This morning I took a drive up to Lake Tahoe. It was a beautiful drive. The air at the lake smells different. I am not sure how to describe it. It was not unpleasant. I stopped and was going to go down to the lake. But I refused to pay $15 to park for maybe 20 minutes. But while there I noticed a guy with a back pack and a shaved but tattooed head. His whole head was tattooed. Not a major concern. They had blue and pink porta potties and the guy went in the pink one. If I was sure I was strong enough, I would have pushed it over. Men should not use women's restrooms unless it is a dire emergency and the two blue ones were empty. I figure he was from California.


After the lake I headed for Ely, Nevada and that is where I am this evening. Just west of Ely is a huge gold, silver and copper mine.


Comments

  1. The train ride near Virginia City is a nice one, but it just goes up the valley and back. Definitely a tourist trap. I just try to ignore all that and imagine it in the old days. Haven't been to Tahoe in ages. No doubt that guy was from California and is just not very bright. I imagine he didn't even notice the pink! LOL. Ely has a GREAT steam train ride up the hill to the mine. Check that one out if you have time.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog