June 13th to the 15th

 

June 13th to 15th


June 13th found me in Carson City, NV. I left and went up to Lake Tahoe. But being a cheap jerk, I refused to pay 15 bucks to park and go down to the waters edge. But it is a pretty lake. I like Craters Lake better. I met Sammy's uncle at Tahoe. He is black and is missing part of his tail. But he really enjoyed eating the ants. So I have named it Anti. One thing I really liked about Tahoe was the fragrance of the air. It was very pleasant, but I could not identify it.


From Carson City, I headed to Bryce Canyon. A truly spectacular place. The rock formations are amazing. Traffic was a pain and I encountered one idiot on the way there that by his driving he must be suicidal. From Bryce I headed to Zion National Park. It is rather disappointing after Bryce but it was still worth the trip. I saw a couple of things that surprised me. One was the skeleton of a horse just off the road. That area is wild horse country. And I also saw some dead cattle or their skeletons and a little hide.

When I left Zion National Park, I headed to Page, Arizona. Page over looks Lake Powell. Due to continued drought and reduced snowfall, the lake is very low. I am guessing 20 to 30 feet low. Time to cut Phoenix and others back!!!! But I did meet some of Sammy's and Samantha's and Anti's kin. I have named them Brownie and Gertrude.

Today, the 15th, I went to Monument Valley. For those of you not familiar with Monument Valley, a lot of John Wayne's westerns were filmed here. Considering all of the violence that has been depicted here, I found the place very peaceful, something I don't usually encounter. It is a unique place, just all of a sudden here are these huge formations. From there I went to Four Corners, which was closed.


Comments

  1. You are going all the places that are on my list!! Good for you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you are out there traveling. Love your description. Just like we are with you

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog