Carol's Dragon Fly Ranch

Home of Carol's Pond


December 25, 2021


Merry Christmas


Over Christmas break in the 1956-1957 school year, my family went to California. We visited Disney Land and Knots Berry Farm and Forest Lawn National Cemetery. But at my Aunt and Uncles house, we picked oranges on Christmas Day. The picking of oranges on Christmas Day occurred again in 1995, but in Ft. Myers, FL. Today in Mt. Pleasant, TX at Carol's Pond, I went fishing. It was below 80 (79 in fact) so it was cold. But I managed to catch a nice bluegill. It was his lucky day, he was released to bite again. The pond is about 4 feet low. Goat Island where I was fishing from is now Goat Peninsula.


I made Mother Nature a deal. If Mother Nature does not fill Carol's Pond by January 1, at midnight on December 31, I am going out on the deck and shoot her a full moon. That is not a pretty sight. So if you hear about a guy in Texas getting a lightening bolt up his butt on December 31, it is probably me. What a way to go!!!


My niece Erika sent me a care package of home made goodies. And for Christmas dinner, I fixed fried chicken, mashed potatoes and blue berry muffins. I was going to have peaches for dessert, but I was too full. But none of it will go to waste.


Later,

Rex





Comments

  1. Oh my gosh Rex sounds like a fabulous day. Here in Colorado it was 50s, sunny and warm. One less cold day. Yay!!! Our 2 boys spent day with us and it waa certainly enjoyable. Glad you posted. Lettie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to love fishing for bluegill. Always let them go cuz there's not enough meat there to eat. Southern California oranges are still just as good. Dinner sounds pretty darn good. Hope you have a great day!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog