December 22, 2021


Yesterday, December 21 is my favorite day of the year. It is the shortest day of the year and now the days will start getting longer and that means warm weather is on the way. If it is below 80, it is cold.


I think the turtles here in Carol's Pond have dementia of some type. This morning it was 42 degrees, very cold, but there was a turtle up on the log. Why isn't he buried in the mud on the bottom? Right now there are 2 on the log and the temperature is 61. I am surprised.


Last Saturday, the 18th, I was at an estate sale in Hughes-Spring TX and on the way home, a mature Bald Eagle went across the road in front of me. That is the first one I have seen here. I think it had been having lunch on the side of the road. While they primarily eat fish, they will eat carrion.


And speaking of critters, I offer a reward of a credit 2 cents for the death of the armadillo that is destroying my yard. By credit, you pay me. I won't hold my breath. I can not charge more than that or I might lose my reputation of being a tight ass. Sherry Lutz can explain. A lot of the birds here have moved too. I don't know it Mother Nature is telling them to leave or what, but I see few birds. There are still plenty of buzzards around. The buzzards like to sit on one of the water towers here in town. Since they just painted it, I doubt if the city is happy about that.


Later,

Rex




Comments

  1. Armadillos must be kin to skunks!!! What a pain in the patoo! Thankfully the buzzards found a new home, some place other than my back yard. They are what they eat!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog