Carol's Pond


January 3, 2022


Well I did it. About a month before January 1, I made a deal with Mother Nature. The deal; She was to fill Carol's Pond or I would shoot Mother Nature a full moon at midnight on December 31. Mother Nature did not hold up her end of the deal. I did, right out on the deck. But Mother Nature is a vengeful old broad. No she did not get me in the rear with a lightening bolt, which I was expecting. Instead she dropped the temperature down into the low 20's. That is beyond cruel.


Much of the west is in a severe drought. The Pond is about 4 feet low. Goat Island is now Goat Peninsula. During the day on the 31st, there were 3 turtles on the log. There are not any on there today. But Whitey was here for lunch yesterday and Blue Boy was on my neighbors pond. Speaking of neighbors, The ones with the pond have about 2 dozen cows and more on the way. But one is a Brahma Bull, named Blue Boy because of his coloring. From researching Brahmas, the are easily domesticated. Blue Boy prefers to be hand fed and have his ears rubbed. He is huge. I have tried to feed him carrots but since he does not know me, he will not let me hand feed him.


If any of you have any influence with Mother Nature, please convince her to send some rain to Texas.


Happy New Year.

 

Rex

 

Comments

  1. Seems California and Arizona are now getting loads of rain. I'll try to send some your way. Maybe some rain dancing will help!! It seems to work if the neighbors don't call the cops!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. By back yard is very private, do I don't think I have to worry about the police. But it is so dry, the police and my neighbors might join me.

      Delete
  2. Hey you can have come of my snow. We are supposed to get 3 inches today. Still gave some from the first of Jan. My phone wasn't letting me write anything. The guy at Costco fixed whatever it was. I am not a tech person.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. no!!!! you keep that ugly white stuff up there.

      Delete
    2. Hey we are supposed to get more snow on Tuesday and Wednesday. I am not sure how much and I think it is supposed to get really cold. I am so sick of winter and most of December was mild. I just want to be warm. Hope this finds you doing well. Lettie

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog