March 9, 2022


The wildlife here at Carol's Pond is very entertaining. But we still have one beaver that is causing problems and I don't know how many armadillos but they both have to go and the sooner the better. The yard looks like it has been strafed by a machine gun, compliments of the hard shell rats.


But the real entertainment was yesterday and was provided by Blue Boy, the Great Blue Heron and a flock of buzzards. I am not sure what the buzzards were after, but they were not friendly to each other. I think the buzzards wanted the fish Blue Boy had and that is where the fun came in. It appeared Blue Boy had a large crappie and the buzzards wanted it. In his hurry to eat the fish Blue Boy got it turned around and rather than holding it vertically he had it horizontally. But it was too large for him to swallow it that way. He kept trying and trying and frequently he would dip it in the pond to try and keep it wet and slippery. It appears he finally was able to swallow the fish. But it was still too large to go all the way down and where his neck entered his torso, was a large lump. He stayed on the ground just standing there for a long time. I assume his digestive system was working on it. He left just before dark. I doubt if he has to eat today. I have seen Tee-shirts with a bird on them trying to eat a frog and the frog has a grip on the throat of the bird and the message on the shirt says ' Never give up'. Blue Boy's struggle trying to eat that fish was very interesting.


At an estate sale a couple of weeks ago, a guy pulled in with a hog trap trailer and he had a wild sow in the trap. It was not a friendly creature. If one got to close to the trap it would charge. I spoke with the guy and he was taking it to Emory, TX to a processing plant. After processing the meat would be shipped to Vietnam. I had the opportunity to taste wild boar in Missouri; once a life time was enough.


The daffodils are about done blooming and my tulip trees are blooming, but a frost hurt them. Yesterday I had 2 pine trees removed. One had died and in December we had a lot of wind and the other tree was pushed enough that it was leaning on my neighbors tree. If it would have fallen, it would have done considerable damage to their fence and picnic table. As it gets warmer I may have some oak trees planted. Currently the yard is full of tiny white wild flowers and some purple ones too.


I received some great news from the VA. The civilian neurologist at Tyler, TX said I have Lewy-Body Dementia. That is the 2nd most common type next to Alzheimers. My VA doctor sent me to the VA hospital in Shreveport for a series of scans. The scans show that I do not have Lewy-Body Dementia and that is great. It appears the left side of my brain does not produce sufficient dopamine, a chemical used by the brain. On the 25th I will meet with the VA neurologist and we will try and figure out what to do. Sinemet the drug usually given for low dopamine levels had no effect on me at all. We shall see.


I was planning a trip through New Mexico and Arizona and Monument Valley this spring but I refuse to pay highway robbery charges for fuel. I really think the politicians want a revolution and not just the Democrats, the Republicans are just as guilty. What a bunch of low life idiots.






 

Comments

  1. Last Saturday I was taking a friend and we were going to Denver. Had to put diesel in my VW. It was chilly so was sitting in car talking a d dang seemed like it was really filling slow. I haven't had the car that long and wasn't sure how exactly much. It said 15 gallons and I just knew that wasn't right. Pump hadn't shut off. I am sure 3 or 4 gallons was on ground at 3.99 at gallons. Then driver wiper blade came off. Went to Napa and got a new one. So got headed and we were going to a restaurant for breakfast that Butch Wamsley has mentioned and they don't serve breakfast. Day sure started off crappy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You trusted Butch???? LOL if you talk with him, please tell him I said hello.

      Delete
    2. I will tell him for you. He sure makes some nice Indian things. Very talented

      Delete
  2. Fascinating about the blue heron. Sounds like me trying to force down an entire cake!! It's easier said than done. Some friends cooked wild boar at the hunting ranch where I worked. Yup ... once was more than enough. I sure hope your neurologists come up with something. Sadly, we are all getting older by the day. As to traveling, I'm going because I have to, but there will be no side trips for the next year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I understand in your case. I purposely stayed out of CA last year. I have some friends in Lancaster and I don't know how any of you tolerate that state. Like my Mother, I want beach front property in AZ.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog