Carol's Dragon Fly Ranch

Home of Carol's Pond



May 15, 2022


Today is the 20th anniversary of my head on altercation with a Mack truck. Since then I have had 8 surgeries and 6 kidney procedures and there are 5 more to come. All because of a low life drunk thinking he was in a hurry. But I got lucky 3 times: 1, I am alive, 2, I can walk and 3 the Lord took him before I had to. Hopefully the Lord kicked him out to Hell.


Samantha Jane has become a pipe walker. On the deck, rather than wooden sides there are pipes to keep one from stepping off. She likes to walk on the pipes and she is a bad influence on Sam Jr. Rather than walking the pipes and getting exercise, he chooses to just lay on the pipe and soak up the heat.


Blue Boy the great blue heron has been visiting over at the neighbors and Whitey has been AWOL.


Rex Jr. is doing fine and he and his Mother have rejoined the herd. After such a traumatic birth they were kept separate from the herd for a couple of weeks. He has several cousins that are 2 to 3 weeks older. But Jr. was a big calf and I can not pick him out from the other youngsters.


Later,

Rex


Comments

  1. They say the Lord never gives you more than you can handle. You are my hero in that respect! Most people would have just given up. I have a feeling it's pretty hot where that guy lives now. I'm glad Rex Jr. survived. Sounds like he's thriving! I'm like Samantha Jane ... I used to walk the tops of the corral fences. It's fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love hearing your stories. You certainly are an inspiration

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog