Carol's Dragon Fly Ranch

Home of Carol's Pond


May 30, 2022


A special Thank you to all of the Veterans. The way this country is moving I expect to be called back to active duty any day. I don't really want to confront a bunch of any old men and nobody in their right mind wants to either. To my knowledge, no one has relieved any Honorably Discharged Veteran from his Oath to Protect and Defend the Constitution. And sadly that need to defend the Constitution may arise.


It has been a busy week here at Carol's Pond. Whitey and Blue Boy have both stopped in for a visit and a meal. Samantha Jane, Blue Boy and Jr have all been here. More about Samantha Jane in a minute.


But the real action has been at the shop. The building has a covered porch down one side. The cheap bastard that built it used particle board for the roof decking. And then on top of that he did not install the roof properly. As a result, the roof on the porch leaked and the particle board rotted. I hired a young man to tear off the roof and replace it. But we both forgot to check with the company where we will purchase the new metal roof. And guess what, they closed for the long weekend. As a result, I have a Texas version of Stonehenge in the back yard and will until next weekend. But the refuse is all hauled away and cleaned up. But it does look a little strange. Some of the rafters were decaying and so those were removed too. The tear down took all day because he had to do it from the bottom side. The roof was too rotten to get on. It was a PITA. Especially when one screw would be Phillips and the next one Torx. While my guy was tearing the roof off, I looked over and Samantha Jane was flirting with him big time. She is green and she kept inflating or extending her throat in a bright red color which is her way of trying to attract a mate. I don't think my guy is interested at all.

In organizing the shop I discovered a light table. I think it was used for viewing film negatives. If any of you want it, come and get it. If no one wants it, I will remove the glass top and cover the tank, which is wooden, with plywood and use it as another work bench. It will take a pick up truck to haul it away and 2 strong people to carry it. The door is wide enough to get it out. The lady that lived here before was into all sorts of crafts, including stained glass. She may have used the table for something. Your guess is as good as mine. The tank can only be accessed from the end and the tank is white bead board and thus not water proof at all.


Later,

Rex




Comments

  1. Oh my gosh ... PITA is right!! Don't you hate it when people build stuff like that? Glad you got it all down. Just a slight delay until today to buy the replacement. Maybe I should try Samantha Janes approach!!! If that lady did stained glass work, that's what the light table was for ... to see how the glass would look in a window. Good luck with the roof!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I figured it was for film negatives. But she did a lot of stained glass. I was hoping she would leave some pieces but she didn't.

      Delete
  2. Took a stained glass class years ago. I did enjoy guess I just had too much other things going get into it. I did enjoy the little kite I made. I went simple.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog