Carol's Dragon Fly Ranch

Home of Carol's Pond

April 24, 2023


There have been some happenings with the neighbors. One of my neighbors has several acres and raises a couple dozen cattle. His bull was a bluish gray Brahma that was called Blue Boy. When they first got him, he was very docile. He liked to be hand fed and have his ears rubbed. But then his owner went nuts and sold all of his girl friends. Well Blue Boy tolerated it for a couple of months but then decided it was time for action. So he chased his owner around his truck a couple of laps. Sadly Blue Boy now has a new home. I don't think Blue Boy liked being a bachelor.


It is cold here today, only 62 way below 80. Last week there were a couple of days in the 80's. And on one of the warm days, Sam, Junior and Samantha Jane were all on the deck at the same time. And one of Samantha Jane's relation showed up too. I don't have a name for this new one yet. Any suggestions?


But yesterday, Sunday was an exciting day. It was sprinkling and I looked out and there was a large owl perched on a post to hang plants from. I don't know what kind it was. At first I thought it was a Spotted Owl but now I am not sure. It may be a Barred Ow. I hope it stays in the neighborhood. Please say hello to Spot.


Update about Spot.


I originally though it was a Spotted Owl, but now I am not sure. So I have renamed it Hooter.


Later,


Rex


Comments

  1. Welcome Hooter!!! I hope he stays too. I just love hearing those guys at night. Too funny about Blue Boy. All our bulls would chase you if you got too close. They didn't want any competition. Maybe he'll be happier in his new digs. I'm glad all your "kids" showed up on the deck. The more the better!! Male or female? Maybe Suzy Q.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Finally had a chance to read. Absolutely love hearing about all the animals ❤️. I too enjoy watching. Have squirrels, birds and a couple ferral cats in Longmont. I feed them all. Did have a fox family in Oklahoma last year. I don't know where they went. Haven't seen anything this year. I hope you are doing well. Think about you often and then I get sidetracked

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog