June 20, 2023


Carol's Dragonfly Ranch

Home of Carol's Pond


The last few days have been a pain in my acetabulum. Last Wednesday night, just past midnight, the power went out. No big deal. It happens way too frequently here. So I went to bed. The next morning I still did not have power. I looked out in the back yard and 2 of my neighbors oak trees are now in my backyard. My neighbor to the east of me, lost 6 trees. The guy 2 doors west decided to loan Debbie an oak tree since 2 of hers were AWOL. Today, June 20th, the power came back on around 1300 hours or 1:00 p.m. So in all it was out 5 and a half days. What a PITA (pain in the ass). I finally broke down and went to a motel. I can handle the heat at night and sleep fairly well. But after 4 days, I needed a shower desperately. I smelled worse than a hog pen.


This was a major storm that did a lot of damage across a very large area. Since I do not have a TV I get my news off the internet. Shreveport, LA was torn up pretty good. There are still thousands without power. Someplace had a confirmed tornado but where I am it appeared to be just straight line winds of 80 mph plus. Just north of me 3 miles, there wasn't any power outage, at least here in town. A couple blocks of US 271 were closed due to down power lines. This shut down a lot of restaurants and Wal-Mart and a couple of banks. We have had over 4 inches of rain in the last week. Thus it is too wet for the tree removal folks to get in and out.


Whitey was here for breakfast one morning and Blueboy was here for an afternoon snack. Susie Q was walking the rails on the deck and trying to flirt with anything and everything. She is not mature enough for her throat to turn bright red when she extends it. Samantha's throat is a bright red when she is on the hunt. Sam and the guys have been hiding.


I think my Father had something to do with the storm. June 14 the date of the storm was his birthday. He would be 119 years old and that just fries my mind. But I think he wanted some excitement.


Later,

Rex


 

Comments

  1. Oh my gosh ... NO fun being without power, let alone cleaning up the mess. Sounds like your Dad was playing the oak tree shuffle game. There's lot of rodeo going on in your state and they all have had serious rain. Hope you don't have any trouble getting it cleaned up. I'm glad your kids are still hanging out there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad it wasn't worse for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess we had 100 mph winds on Saturday night. Took a branch down at one of our son's house. We had a roof come off a shed. Electric was off till about Monday. Didn't loose anything in refrigerator

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog