Carol's Dragon Fly Ranch

Home of

Carol's Pond


July 10, 2023


I think it is time for the rest of the story as the late Paul Harvey would have said:


Many of you know that Carol passed away on November 29, 1966. I was at Ball State when it happened. After her funeral, I returned to Ball State. But I only stayed a few days. I had one professor who was a communist and liked to preach at us from the Communist Manifesto by Karl Marx and another one that was gay. Him being gay was his business, but I did not pay money to hear him talk about how great it was to be gay. If I had stayed in school, I would have had to hit one of them. They were not worth me going to jail over, so I dropped out. My mind was all screwed up. So I went drinking. I stayed drunk from December 1966 to January 1968. Uncle Sam's USAF sobered me up.

I don't regret those 14 months but I do not want to ever go through that again.

Fast forward to 1970, I married Susie. That marriage failed for a variety of reasons as did my next marriage to Kathy. But one of the main reasons these 2 marriages failed was because of my love for Carol. I could not give 100% of myself to Susie or Kathy. And that dooms a marriage.


Finally on July 2, 2019 a minister married Carol and me at Oak Hill Cemetery in Lebanon. The minister's wife responded for Carol. I have strong beliefs about the spirit world and both the minister and his wife share some of those beliefs and they both knew Carol.


Now I am at peace. I only hope that I have not done anything so bad that the Lord will deny me entrance to Heaven, but it does worry me. My Mother believed that life as we know it is Hell and that in death there is Heaven. I sure hope she is right and I think she is. But we shall see.


And now you know the rest of the story.

Rex



Comments

  1. I'm so glad you decided to tell the story. I get it 100%. That kind of love is hard to come by. I've no doubt Carol is smiling down on you. God is all about forgiveness, so no matter what you did, I know you will be welcomed with open arms.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad to know your story. I didn't know Carol but I saw her in school. It broke my heart the day they announced it at school. I have never forgotten that day.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog