Carol's Dragon Fly Ranch

Home of

Carol's Pond


August 7, 2023


It has been an eventful couple of weeks. My friend Tom and I have been power washing and staining the deck. About 2 weeks ago I was power washing the deck and stepped in a fire ant nest. I do not have much feeling in my left foot. Finally they got above my knee and I discovered the monsters. I stripped out on the deck. But the damage was done. There was about a 2 inch band all around the top of my ankle high socks. They even got down inside my sock and bit my big toe!!! Now that is just mean. This was on Thursday. Friday I was kneeling and trying to connect a hose to the spigot. I lost my balance and fell landing half on and half off the deck. My right ribs aren't real happy yet. But the worst was having my right arm land right in a fire ant nest. For most, no big deal, but I am not strong enough to get up off the ground. I was in that nest for over an hour. My phone was inside. I yelled for help but to no avail. Finally my neighbor came home and heard me yelling for help. She called 911 and put some damp towels on the back of my neck. The ambulance came and got me up into my wheel chair. I am guessing between 200 to 300 stings. The next few days were calm. But then Tom came and I was moving the power washer around to the side of the house. The power washer got in a hurry. I didn't. I landed out in the side yard. Tom called 911 and the ambulance came and got me up. I did not go to the hospital either time. I think the reason I fell the second time was that my left side was jealous of the right side. I can lay on my right side but not the left, the ribs are still too sore.


Now for the next fiasco. Jerry Mundell was headed to Minnesota to attend the Elk's National Lodge Meeting. His phone shot craps. He was able to call me and I found a Verizon dealer in Ogalalla, Nebraska. He was able to get a new phone and get back on the road. I had a spare HP laptop computer and I traded it to Jerry for his phone. I was able to have a new battery installed. But then finally Verizon ticked me off one too many times. So I went to T-Mobile and signed up. I now have T-Mobile internet and phone and about Wednesday I will have a smart watch with fall detection. But in removing Jerry's info from the phone I now have, T-Mobile wiped his phone in California. I am not sure who panicked the most, Jerry, the T-Mobile store or me. But Jerry was able to go to a Verizon store in CA and get his info restored. T-Mobile was very apologetic.


That is enough excitement for awhile.


Later,

Rex


Comments

  1. Good grief ... quit feeding those darn fire ants!!!! I've been bitten once or twice and I can't imagine the pain. Maybe stay inside for awhile and heal up. NO MORE falling allowed!!! And take your phone with you everywhere. Jerry's phone fiasco sounds about right ... lucky he was able to get his data restored. Keep on keeping on!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think my post went through. I will try again. You need to take care of yourself. I fell on that pendant and it hurt for a month or so. I don't think I have ever heard of fire ants. I don't think I want to either. Youtake care if yourself. Later. Lettie

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog