Carol's Dragon Fly Ranch

Home of

Carol's Pond


Sept. 29, 2023


Except for more falls it has been a quiet month. No injuries from the falls as I landed on the bed. But they are still irritating. Because of all of the recent spills and my injuries from the wrecks, I have been approved for a power chair. On the 21st I was measured for the chair. I had no idea what all is involved. First your doctor sends a prescription for an evaluation by a physical therapist. And then the chair provider takes over, measuring the user, getting the chair built, Medicare approval and my insurance companies approval. In all it will probably take 3 months.


I will use the chair primarily at home. The stores I shop in have scooters. But I will either have to have my GMC Acadia fitted with a hoist or get a different vehicle. I could put a unit in the trailer hitch but I want it in and out of the weather. But what is the difference between a power chair and a scooter?

A scooter has handle bars like the ones in Wal-Mart or the grocery stores. A power chair will not have anything but a foot rest and a joy stick on the arm rest.


Between falls and slowly losing my ability to walk, a power chair is necessary. I am not happy about it but I don't have much choice. Because of the spinal injuries and the pelvic injuries I can not exercise enough to maintain muscle tissue. Damn the drunk drivers.


A friend of mine here power washed the deck and stained it. I think it is ugly, no fugly. It appears treated wood and stain just don't like each other. My neighbor is going to try and sand the deck. If that doesn't work, I may just paint it a tan color like wood unless someone has a better idea.


Later,

Rex

 

Comments

  1. Oh man ... I see some wheelchair races in your future!!! Might as well have some fun with it!! I'm glad you are getting one ... the falling alternative doesn't sound good. As to the deck, no better idea from me. I'm with you on PAINT it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am trying again. So glad you haven't hurt yourself. Curtis and our oldest son are taking a load to Oklahoma in morning. I am staying here to help youngest son, he is having a really bad anxiety attack. Trying to get him some help, he can't ride with anyone and at moment can't drive. We have almost got house empty. The oldest had alot of stuff and when we moved out we didn't take everything.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog