Carol's Dragonfly Ranch

Home of Carol's Pond


February 19, 2024


For better than a month, my left breast has been very tender and painful. So I went to the doctor and a few minutes ago, the hospital called and I have a mammogram and ultrasound scheduled. I do not believe in chemo or radiation. As far as surgery is concerned, no, I have been cut on 15 times and that is enough. But I do want to know what is going on. Is it benign or malignant? While breast cancer in men is rare it does occur. My doctor said he had 5 or 6 male patients with breast cancer.


The weather has cooled off and that is disgusting. I do wish Mother Nature would stop with the temper tantrums. Cold weather sucks. We have had sufficient rain so the water level in the Carol's Pond is in good shape. That means that Goat Island is back. Up on County Road 4510 there are daffodils blooming. Our daffodils are up but are not blooming yet. Our neighbor Ben, had a yard full of tiny white flowers and about as many purple flowers. We have a lot of white flowers in the back yard, but I have not seen any purple ones. And of course there are a few of my favorites, dandelions. Last fall I took a tree trimmer and cut the roses off about 6 inches from the ground. The trunks are showing new growth which is good. I like roses but I hate the thorns.


I think it was January 26th when my power chair was delivered. Mark Beasey was here when it was delivered as was my friend Freda. We named it Blue Boy, after my neighbors Brahma bull. But I changed its name to Scout. I also bought a rollator walker and named it Spot. There are some areas in this house that Scout can't go. But Spot, the walker can. At this time I can get away without having a handicap van. Mark Beasey and I set a world record. We did not have any Hot Damn schnapps or Snowshoes, a drink Mark and I use to have at the Elk's Club in Lebanon.


I now know why most motorcycle riders don't like helmets. The wind in ones face and the wind going through your hair is a nice feeling. I have experienced these feelings while going 1.9 MPH on Scout here in the house.


Later,

Rex






Comments

  1. Oh my gosh, sounds like fun on your scooter. You can race with Bud Bingham. I am jealous, I don't have any flowers popping up in Oklahoma. I planted a few daffodils and they haven't come up yet either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in Quartzsite and the weather here has finally returned to normal. Cool at night, warm during the day. Maybe Mother Nature is heading your way. At least you have flowers, we have sand. You are right about motorcycle riders and helmets. I bet you have a race track around your house in no time!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog